Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Fresh Prince of Guangzhou

My students-

-Master interrogators. They don't use waterboarding, so much as a barrage of personal questions.
-Walking fashion faux-pas. Wearing shirts and floral curtains as dresses on top on 6'' heels that they certainly can't walk in.
-Man-hunters. You're not married, are you teacher? Good. Girlfriend? Oh, that's 'single' in China.

And as much as I see these walking cliches, there will always be that lovable black sheep in the school:

His name is Medo. He's from Saudi Arabia.
His English is fantastic, and what he's doing here in Guangzhou, neither of us really know. I guess he was getting into too much trouble back in his ol' hood.

Everytime I see his he looks either more black or more gay.
Or both.

Turtleneck sweaters paired with a fro.
Shades inside and Air Nikes.
Old school track suits and sideparted hair.

I go running and I see him at my gym, lifting weights, looking creme fresh.

He walks me to school sometimes, sharing his umbrella. It's really sweet.

6 comments:

The Gypsy said...

awwww...
Someone has a crush on you.
hah!

Rabid Blue Whale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kaare.iverson said...

Dude Medo is awesome
I met him the other day and I was like...you clearly are just hear because you have nowhere else to be...

x said...

He says his dad put him here because he was bad news back home.
Cute to think of him as a badass.

Rabid Blue Whale said...

I guess he was part of the guys who were up to no good and started makin' trouble in his neighborhood.

Angie Pants said...

He got in one little fight...